Nonprofits and the TCPA
Congress recognized the potential for telecommunications technology to improve the lives of Americans and created three exceptions from the TCPA that provide valuable opportunities for nonprofits to engage with donors and those they serve. In our TCPA Exemptions Series, we provide E-guides tailored to each industry exemption that include an in-depth analysis of the terms and scope of the exemption. This E-guide will help you decipher the precise scenarios that fall within the TCPA’s three Nonprofit Exceptions, which include:
- Exception to the Do-Not-Call-List Rules
- Exception to the Consent Requirements for Prerecorded & Artificial Voice Calls
- Exception to the Consent Requirements for Autodialers
In the easy-to-follow Q&A format, we answer questions such as:
- Does the Nonprofit Exception to the Do-Not-Call-List requirements cover residential, mobile, and VoIP numbers?
- What is the scope of the Nonprofit Exception to the Do-Not-Call-List rules?
- Does the Nonprofit Exception to the consent requirements for prerecorded and artificial voice calls eliminate the consent requirement altogether?
- Who can benefi from the Nonprofit Exception to the consent requirements for autodialers?
Length of E-Guide: 14 pages
Download your free copy of the Nonprofit E-Guide from our TCPA Exemptions Series.